The Accredited Air Cargo Agent (AACA) Scheme
The AACA Scheme strengthens the supply chain industry by enhancing security arrangements and procedures for the road transportation of cargo. The AACA Scheme extends the existing Regulated Air Cargo Agent (RACA) Scheme to cover smaller operators with less complex business operations, such as courier companies. Both schemes apply to cargo to be carried on an aircraft from anywhere in Australia.
Accredited Air Cargo Agents are responsible for:
- complying with an AACA Security Program provided by the Department;
- providing a statement of undertaking giving effect to specific obligations imposed under the Aviation Transport Security Act 2004;
- security checking, and protecting the security of all cargo from receipt until it leaves their possession; and
- providing their employees with security awareness training.
How can I see who is an AACA or a RACA?
How do I know if I am an AACA or a RACA?
Your business details should appear on the AACA List or RACA List.
AACA scheme enquiries
If you have any questions relating to the Accredited Air Cargo Scheme, please contact the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 512 809
GPO Box 594
CANBERRA ACT 2601